Pimoroni PIM185 LiPo SHIM for Raspberry Pi
Treat yourself to the LiPo SHIM, the most compact Raspberry Pi power supply possible. This discrete, slick and tidy power solution is a LiPo/LiIon power supply shim for all versions of the Raspberry Pi.
You have the option of having the shim permanently installed by soldering the PCB directly onto the GPIO pins on your Pi, or, solder the provided 2 x 6 0.1in female header which will allow you to remove your LiPo SHIM at any time (but will block the GPIO pins).
The shim features the Texas Instruments TPS61232 step-up boost converter which gives up to 96% efficiency. Also included on the board are power on and low-battery indicator LEDs.
There is a one-line installer that will initiate a clean shutdown when the low battery warning is triggered and GPIO #4 is pulled low. More details can be found here.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Formerly known as Zero LiPo
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Shaped to sit as low as possible on the Raspberry Pi
- 2-pole JST connector ideal for most LiPo/LiIon batteries
- Power and low battery LED indicators
- Up to 1.5A continuous current (15µA quiescent current)
- Low battery warning at 3.4V
- Automatic shutdown at 3.0V to protect your battery
- VBAT+, GND, and EN pins available to break out
- 2 x 6 0.1in Female header (optional, for non permanent installation)
- Includes rubber foot to space LiPo SHIM away from your Raspberry Pi
- LiPo SHIM pinout
- Requires soldering
We Also Recommend
Pimoroni PIM261 Raspberry Pi Zero W Pirate Radio Project Kit
Pimoroni PIM286 Raspberry Pi Zero W Octo Cam Project Kit
Pimoroni PIM260 Raspberry Pi Zero W Scroll Bot Project Kit