Arduino USB Host Shield A000004
The Arduino USB Host shield lets your Arduino control USB peripherlas such as HID devices, mass storage, Android ADK devices and others. It complies with USB Specification Revision 2.0 (full-speed 12Mbps peripheral, full-/low-speed 12Mbps/1.5Mbps host) though actual throughput will depend on the Arduino. The on-board MAX3421E USB peripheral/host controller handles the electronic and low level USB protocol interfaces for you. It also protects against electro-static discharge (±15kV ESD) which might otherwise damage the board. The controller manages USB flow control, double buffering and time-sensitive operations greatly simplifying your software development. The shield communicates with the Arduino using SPI and to compensate you for losing pins to the SPI link it has 8 general purpose inputs and 8 outputs of it's own that you can control.
The shield is also Tinkerkit compatible allowing you to quickly connect a range of control, sensors and indicators.
- Supports the following devices
- HID devices: keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- Game controllers: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360
- USB to serial converters: FTDI, PL-2303, ACM, as well as certain cell phones and GPS receivers
- ADK-capable Android phones and tablets
- Digital cameras: Canon EOS, Powershot, Nikon DSLRs and P&S, as well as generic PTP
- Mass storage devices: USB sticks, memory card readers, external hard drives, etc.
- Bluetooth dongles
We Also Recommend
Arduino AKX00002 CTC 101 STEAM Education Kit
Arduino ABX00019 MKR Narrow Band IoT 1500 Development Board CAT M1 LTE